What is your personal information?
Why do we collect personal information?
To provide you with telecommunications services and products, we need to collect some of your personal details. Without this, we’re not allowed by law to provide you with the products and services that you may require.
What personal information do we collect?
- The information we collect about you depends on the Telstra products and services you use and subscribe to. It may include:
- your name, date of birth and contact details including your physical address, email address and telephone number;
- your bank account and credit card details;
- information to verify your identity such as your driver’s licence number (or other approved government ID);
- information relating to your credit worthiness;
- your employment history, if you apply for a job with us;
- details of products and services we’ve supplied you or you’ve enquired about, as well as any additional information needed to deliver those products and services or respond to your enquiries;
- your preferences for particular products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are, or your preferences based on how you use our products and services;
- information about your account and your use of mobile voice and data services;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence;
- your employment-related information if you apply for a position with us; and
- information you provide to us through customer surveys.
How do we collect personal information?
- We collect your personal information in a number of different situations, including when you:
- provide information to us in account application forms, service enquiry forms, or when you purchase products or services from our website;
- subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us;
- visit our website, online store
- make calls to Schepisi. These calls may be recorded for training, quality and business purposes;
- apply for a position with us.
We collect personal information about you from other sources including:
- other companies;
- credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- entities that provide services to us, including the entities to which we may disclose your personal information. See below for information about those entities and publicly available sources of information, like market research providers.
We might also collect information by other means and will take all reasonable steps to inform you if and when we do.
How do we use your personal information?
- The personal information we collect may be used for a number of purposes including:
- providing you with mobile phone and broadband products and services;
- contacting you with messages about changes to our products or services;
- generating bills, managing your account, and carrying out debt-recovery functions;
- processing orders or applications to become a customer;
- verifying your identity;
- carrying out credit checks and credit reporting;
- dealing with enquiries, complaints and other customer care activities;
- carrying out market analysis and research, development of our products and services, and to understand how customers use products and services on an anonymous or personal basis;
- training our staff.
For other purposes, Schepisi will ask for your consent to use your personal information.
Who can we provide your personal information to?
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act and credit reporting legislation;
- our agents, contractors and advisers;
- our mobile device manufacturers and repairers;
- your authorised representatives or legal advisors;
- our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions;
- law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- regulatory or government bodies to resolve customer complaints or disputes both internally and externally, or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies; and
- other telecommunications services providers for the purposes of both unwelcome calls and mobile number portability issues.
Do we disclose your personal information outside Australia?
Schepisi may disclose personal information to other companies in the Telstra group as well as third party suppliers.
What security measures do we use to protect your personal information?
The security of your personal information is a high priority for us. We take all reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so it’s protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures.
How can you report a breach of your privacy?
If you believe your privacy has been compromised, please contact us either in writing or by phone. Our Privacy Officer will get in touch within 10 business days.
If you have any other questions about your privacy, please call us on 1300 66 44 22 or fax us on 1300 88 44 60.
Our postal address is:
PO Box 280 South Melbourne VIC 3205
You can also contact us online via:
Level 1, 100 Dorcas St South Melbourne VIC 3205